BUILDING A CLAY POT CHRISTMAS TREE
4 Clay pots – Small, 2 Medium, Large
Paint – White or Off White for Base Coat, Contrasting Color of Choice
Circle Stencil Sponge-brush
¼” Dowel (see notes)
Optional – Sealer
- Choose your clay pots according to the desired finished tree size. Size the saucer to the largest pot.
- I used a coated wire stem cut from a large silk daisy in place of the dowel. Options!
- Used a Styro ball since I couldn’t locate a florists block
- Paint the small, large, and one medium pot with the base color.
- Randomly place contrasting colored dots on pots with Stencil Sponge.
- Apply Sealer if using.
- Glue unpainted medium pot to saucer. Refer to Picture for placement.
- Glue a piece of Styrofoam (I could only find a ball, so that’s what I used!)
- Glue large pot to saucer, applying glue just inside rim of pot.
- Glue medium pot to large pot.
- Glue small pot to medium.
- Glue ‘Star’ to ¼” Dowel and cut to size
- Insert Star through center holes in pots and into the Styrofoam
I thought about adding a bow. What about that?