Coming back, Chaos, Good things

2 Feb

It is Sunday and I am trying to find my way back to blogging and writing and find my way forward to the completion of a project.

As Trena observed, the shaking of shiny new keys is enough to distract me.

Ah, find a way.

I am to be a grandmother toward the end of June; a very involved grandmother as the husband/father is soon to be an ex. Long story and part of the long story that has kept me away from my blog.

Job changes, trying to overcome the challenges of senior learning, conflict, moving the daughter, moving her again, trying to find a place for everything, attempting to organize the chaos and the emotional toll, decisions about health and all the random moments of love, conversation and an onerous exhaustion, have contributed to my absence.

Life happens.

The spousal unit has been most accommodating. I think he is rather excited by the prospect of a little one in our midst. I am. We shopped Friday evening for Zoe Kaitlyn Ella Grace (no decision has been made on the Tadpole’s name yet) and he found cute little onesies and outfits and shoes and socks and pointed them out to daughter and I. May I say that Momma is a picky wench.

Our lives will change again. She will bring so much hope with her. This can be an ugly world, but there is hope that we can show her the beauty, and that she will be part of a generation that changes the world and welcomes tolerance and understanding and stops the madness that stupid white men have generally perpetrated.

What a sentence.

_____

The spousal unit has also encouraged me to look into bariatric surgery. I’ve mentioned this before. His director had a gastrectomy and lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks. She looks amazing, says she feels great, and is on her way to resolving her lifetime weight issues.

But looks are certainly not the consideration. The risks are increased with my age, but the benefits could be outstanding. With gastric bypass, there is a good chance that my Type 2 diabetes will resolve. It has largely gone uncontrolled for the past 20 years and it will kill me early if something isn’t done. I’ve probably lost and re-gained a thousand pounds over my lifetime; always returning to the same high.

Desperate measures.

I’ve attended the seminar and been accepted for surgery, although I am not morbidly obese and barely qualify based on my BMI, I was accepted because the addition of the diabetes and high cholesterol pushed me into qualifying. Now I must make the co-pays and schedule the surgery. March will be the month we schedule. I have some fear…but lots of anticipation. I hope to feel amazing after this surgery. I hope to lose the insulin and perhaps even decrease the pain.

And live to be 100!

_____

So, today I resolve to carve out time to blog and write and spend time contemplating the beauty of the universe. It will probably be a slow go, rather erratic, somewhat chaotic, but such is life. Perhaps that is more of the beauty of it than I realize.

6 Responses to “Coming back, Chaos, Good things”

1. Linda February 3, 2014 at 4:26 pm #

AWESOME!!! I am looking forward to seeing your extremely open-minded, creative works of art displayed in print once again!. You have been soooo greatly missed! <3

• thepolkadotskirt February 3, 2014 at 8:54 pm #

Oh wow. I am so flattered. Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone

2. nutsfortreasure February 3, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

a new baby is a reason to smile and live long! I went to the seminar as well 3 years ago and meetings after. I had so much pain in not only back and knee but heartache and thought too much about all that caused pain. I decided against the surgery and went into yet another WW meeting in the last 3 years I am down over 70 very slow but steady loss and wish I could have lost it QUICK but I had to do it my way to enjoy how I feel now. So I wish you well with your choice I have friends who each lost 100+ but they too gain and loose still so pay attention Listen to your body, doctor and feeling but mostly LOVE THE HECK OUT OF THE NEW LITTLE ONE HUGS

• thepolkadotskirt February 3, 2014 at 8:51 pm #

I am so grateful for your advice and encouragement! Thank you. I’m trying to listen to body, but pain and years of failure bring me here.

Sent from my iPhone

• nutsfortreasure February 4, 2014 at 7:24 am #

I was hit by a tour bus so I fully understand pain, weight gain and sadness but I am done with it all I AM TOUGH :) or so I tell myself many times through the course of a day :) I am here to listen but you know I wish you well.

• thepolkadotskirt February 4, 2014 at 8:58 am #

I tell my daughter often that we are of hardy stock. We keep going! And you have too. Your Pictures seek beauty and peace. I’m convinced you’re finding your way.

Sent from my iPhone

Oh please, oh please, oh please share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

GrandLUV.net

It takes a village to raise a child . . .

Losing and Gaining. The EPIC adventure

One girls journey with weight loss

Mast Musings

Food for Thought

StorySnapper

Behind Every Photograph Is A Story

Custom Pieces

This WordPress.com site is the cat’s pajamas

Stick Horse Cowgirls

Word Gigging. A Southern Woman's Random Mental Meanderings. Blogging.

Good Life Farm

in pursuit of a full heart, home, and belly.

Leaving Perfection Learning Grace

A journey through eating disorder recovery and beyond

The Truth You Always Knew

The Science of Evolving Consciousness

littlepoppits

♥ a crazy mix of a whole bunch of stuff ♥

craftedincarhartt

a blog about women who do amazing things

valeriu dg barbu